• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Peeling Cupcake Liners ...Why?!

ablosh

Don't know why this happened, but my cupcake liners peeled away from my cupcakes after leaving them to cool for a while. Never had this happen before and I've used these cupcake liners a lot.

HELP! :blink:

I am in the process of fulfilling a dream, one that involves a huge stainless kitchen, heavenly desserts and lots of happy sweet-toothed people.

I think there are two possibilities. And I'll be very interested to see what others have to say.

1. Are the liners waxed or anything like that?

2. I'm thinking that perhaps the cupcakes were cooked too long (or something) and the cake dried out and pulled away, just as it would in a regular cake pan. Also, did you bake the cupcakes in a muffin tin? Maybe the heat from the metal dried out the sides of the cupcakes.

I've started using the cupcake papers that are double-layered; the inner layer is regular paper and the outer is foil; these bake beautifully just sitting on a cookie sheet. The foil doesn't hold a lot of heat.

The short version: I really don't know. All this is just me, wondering aloud.