• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Jam/Preserves?

Stargazer34683

Got a quick ? Is there any way to make chocolates with jam/preserves? I have just bought a wonderful jam and I tried a bite of it with some dark chocolate in my mouth. DIVINE! lol Is there any way to attempt a chocolate? Incorporating it into a ganache or some such thing?

I can't answer for the jam you have, but I have used Smucker's Simply Fruit to make a flavored ganache. It is an all-fruit product, no sugar or pectin. It is very thick in consistency, compared to jam or preserves.

I used about 3 tablespoons, and melted completely it in the cream before adding it to the chocolate.

I've done the seedless raspberry in semi-sweet chocolate, and the pineapple and rum with white chocolate.

You could probably use your jam, but cautiously, since it's consistency is thinner than the product I use.

Theresa :biggrin:

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

- Abraham Lincoln

I've made molded chocolates with jam piped in followed by a cream layer - or a ganache layer. You could also incorporate the jam as part of the liquid in a ganache but you won't get the clear fruit flavour that way.