• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Villa Crespi

Peter Rodgers

• 2 months later...
We will be flying into Malpensa late in the afternoon later this coming month and are looking for a convenient place to stay and dine.  Anyone have recent dining experience at Villa Crespi?

Not for three years but it's a classic, with pretty good food and easy to get to Malpensa from.

John Talbott

blog John Talbott's Paris

We will be flying into Malpensa late in the afternoon later this coming month and are looking for a convenient place to stay and dine.  Anyone have recent dining experience at Villa Crespi?

If you read Italian there is a review from 2007 by 'Viaggiatore Gourmet'

here

and even if you don't read Italian the pictures are pretty clear on the type of cuisine and venue this is. Enjoy!

I always pitch Oleggio as the most convenient place to stay. It's 10-15 minutes in the morning on a back road with no traffic. And, staying there will get youo access to Il Gatto e Le Volpe, in Oleggio, a SlowFood place first recommended by Tim at Villa Sampaguita. He's a regular here. This is a great place the one time we went.

Also, the palce to stay: I've change dmy mind over the years. Now I stay at the Oleggio Ramada. It's kind of new-look upscale. But it's really nice and convenient for airport access. A clean good place to stay on the last night. There are some real dogs in Oleggio.

Also #2, there's a cheap pizza place right on the main square in Old Oleggio centro. There are two. Go tot he good one, on teh right . Hmmmm, "right." Anyway, it's smaller and older than the other one.