• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

9x13...sort of

gfron1

I remember a topic a year or two ago when a bunch of us tested the measure of our measuring devices. We found that they varied wildly.

Well, after finding a lost 9x13 in my kitchen this morning I pulled out a measuring tape only to learn that my beloved 9x13 was actually 9.25x12.75. I demand a Congessional investigation! I want a multi-national intervention to regulate these shinanigans!

I remember a topic a year or two ago when a bunch of us tested the measure of our measuring devices.  We found that they varied wildly.

Well, after finding a lost 9x13 in my kitchen this morning I pulled out a measuring tape only to learn that my beloved 9x13 was actually 9.25x12.75.  I demand a Congessional investigation!  I want a multi-national intervention to regulate these shinanigans!

I want to hide under my bed. :sad: I refuse to measure my baking pans! I won't! So there! :wink: