• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Great Restaurants in Naples, FL?

Biscotti

We are going to be in Naples, Fl in November and need some advice regarding where we should eat. Does anyone have any recommendations.

We will be staying at the Ritz Carlton but probably will have a car.

Any and all help is appreciated.

I live in Cape Coral, so it's tough for me to give specific Naples recommendations, but perhaps I can help with a few pointers.

You will definitely need a car. Anything outside of Old Naples (a fair ways south of the Ritz-Carlton) isn't walkable, and cabs definitely aren't commonplace.

The Grill at the Ritz-Carlton has gotten consistently high marks for continental fine dining. That's definitely a blow-the-rent night.

The Ft. Myers News-Press covers Naples as well, and has a pretty good food critic in Jean Leboeuf. You can search his reviews at http://cityguide.news-press.com/fe/Dining/Search.asp.

• 5 months later...

I'm revinving this thread to see if there are any additional suggestions for dining around Naples. We'll be there Easter week and are completely unfamiliar with the area. We're looking for places with great food, not necessarily great atmosphere, though wouldn't mind both!

• 2 weeks later...

Looking further, I think you'll be better served by the Naples Daily News dining section: http://www.naplesnews.com/sections/diningarchive/. I don't get to Naples that much, so I can't vouch as fully for the News's critic as well as our own LeBoeuf, but looking at some of the reviews, they correspond well to what I've heard of the various places.

One I'll add:

The Dixie Moon Cafe in Bonita Springs (about 10 miles north of Naples) for stick-to-your-ribs Southern food. They have outstanding fried chicken and the obligatory fried green tomatoes.

Most of the places I know are in Ft. Myers, which although it's only about 30 miles, is over an hour drive this time of year. If you're interested, I can offer some suggestions.

I visited Naples about 2 years ago for Spring break. We stayed at the Ritz which was great.

My favorite place off property was Grouper and Chips. I real local place serving...yep, grouper, the local sometimes rubbery fish. They don't only fry it.