• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Veal bones in Chicago?

Hey eGulleters. I'm a newb to the forum here. I'm a student at CHIC and live in Chicago. I was wondering if anybody had a good source for veal bones in Chicago.

Thanks! If this has been talked about before, sorry! A quick search didn't reveal much though. Looking forward to your input.

Edited by KCWilkinson (log)

-K

I've heard Farmer's Fresh is no more.  I'd call to double-check before heading out.

Too far out for me anyway, this has to be accessible from public transport. Thanks for the heads up though.

Thanks anyway, Tim! Much appreciated.

Edited by KCWilkinson (log)

-K

I would call Paulina Meat Market. I would recommend getting off at the Paulina brown line 'el stop, but I think it is closed. The Addison stop isn't too far away. Or the Lincoln Ave bus.

3501 N Lincoln Ave, Chicago - (773) 248-6272

I like cows, too. I hold buns against them. -- Bucky Cat.

I would call Paulina Meat Market.  I would recommend getting off at the Paulina brown line 'el stop, but I think it is closed.  The Addison stop isn't too far away.  Or the Lincoln Ave bus. 

3501 N Lincoln Ave, Chicago - (773) 248-6272

Nice! Only 5 blocks from my apartment too. Thanks SG.

-K