• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Don Eduardo's Authentic Latin American Eatery

First of all what made me try this was the name ..it just cracked me up ..it is bigger than the restaurant!!!

If you live in the South Puget Sound area then you must go eat here!!! then tell me what you think :smile: I grew up eating and learning to cook this food ..it honestly made me want to suck my thumb and twirl my hair...my husbands was in the eyes rolled back hands on the tummy position when we were done ..the only thing missing was beers :hmmm: ....everyone I ate with told me "Heidi this is your style of cooking ...all over the map but it comes together really nicely!!! !"

check it out and let me know please!

all the dishes come in at 10 bucks or under I am trying to get them to serve us family style so the table would not over flow with so many dishes! .. 6 of us ate for about $80 and we ate a LOT

communal food at its most homey

Don Eduardo's Authentic Latin American Eatery

we had on our table the following

mofongo

tostones with mojo

carnitas

rice and peas

sweet plantains with crema

red rice

puposas with loroco

Salvadoran tomales

fresh crispy cabbage salad

I would have thought they were spreading themselves thin with all these styles ..but no way it was awesome !

I love the hot sauce on the table ...omg I expected a mild sort of Salvadoran hotsauce ..it was nice and had a good bite!!!

next time I am asking for a bottle to go :smile:

Edited by hummingbirdkiss (log)
why am I always at the bottom and why is everything so high? 

why must there be so little me and so much sky?

Piglet