• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Ya Kun Kaya

Some years ago, a friend brought me back a jar of Ya Kun Kaya from Singapore, and I got absolutely addicted!

Ever since then, I have been scouring the local shops trying to find some, but they only sell other brands, none of which are even close in terms of taste and texture.

I know I can buy Kaya from asian grocery shops or make it myself (and yes I'm sure it would be better made myself), but this stuff makes every other type of Kaya I have tried pale in comparison.

So, is anyone else addicted? I have read through the Kaya thread, but have found that Kaya isn't too well known around the world !

According to their website, they have locations in the following countries:

Singapore, Indonesia, Taiwan, South Korea, Japan, The Philippines, & Vietnam.

So there could be Egulleters from any of these countries who are also addicted :-)

( a BIG Picture of the product can be seen here: http://www.yakun.com/images/KayaJarPoster%20(Eng).gif )

Are there other major Kaya shops who rival Ya Kun in popularity or product quality ?