• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Submarine Sandwiches

Susan

I live in West Orange and was really in the mood for a sub sandwich last night, but the Mountain Deli, where I normally get my subs, was closed. I could not think of another place to get a good sub sandwich. I prefer a softer bread rather than a hard Italian bread that might be used at a pizzeria. Do you have any recommendations?

Susan

Susan, there's the Ital-Mart on Ridgewood(I think) in West Orange, right over the border from south orange(two blocks towards SO from Quincys and CVS). Only a couple of minutes away, there's Town Hall Deli on South Orange Ave in South Orange(across the street from Blockbuster). There's also Campus Sub on Irvington Ave in South Orange as well.

Yield to Temptation, It may never come your way again.

--Lazarus Long

Hey Susan, I live in Verona and am stumped on a good suggestion for your quest for a yummy sub. I hate to say this but I will sometimes go to Blimpie. I know I am going to get heckled for saying that.

When I am down in FL (my other home) I have a favorite spot down there.

Hey all.. I am down here in FL for the weekend and I just passed a place called "Subpranos" - it's on Nob Hill just north of Cleary in Plantation if anyone knows the area.

Thought that was cute, they even used the font of the Soprano's (in Red of course)

I have also seen a place down here called Jersey Mike's. I think they are from South Jersey or "Down the shore" area.

I will have to do that Rachel. I know when I am back to FL on a more permanent basis I was going to ask about starting a Florida specific forum. I know there are many, many people that go back and forth between the Tri-State area up here and South Florida.

Gotta love them "snowbirds"

:biggrin:

Forums are spun off when there are both enough posts to support them and an appropriate coordinator is found. If you know of someone who would be an appropriate site coordinator, be sure to introduce them to eGullet without mentioning the possibility of them becoming a site coordinator. One of the criteria is that they are already active site participants before being asked to moderate a forum.