• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Cheese Festival

Hi All,

Just to remind you the British Cheese Festical takes place this weekend in Cardiff, if you are a cheese lover it is a great event to visit. I attended year before last and for a small entry fee you get to sample a huge amount of cheese and buy from some great small scale and artisan producers from all over the country. They also have a beer tent and last time a mechanical bull (though i recommend riding this before the tasting)

http://www.thecheeseweb.com/contentok.php?id=298&section=176

I think this same event comes to cheltenham, seemed a bit extortionate but i might make the effort to go, it makes sense what with my love of cheese.

No, unfortunately there is a single British Cheese Festival each year which moves from time to time so it won't be in Cheltenham at all this year.

For a couple of years it was at Blenheim Palace, before moving to Cheltenham for a few years, then last year it was at Millets Farm near Abingdon.

The Cheese Web website says the following, which may suggest that the move to Cardiff is permanent:

We are delighted to announce that the Festival has moved to CARDIFF CASTLE. Its new owners CARDIFF COUNCIL are working alongside creator Juliet Harbutt to ensure it retains its unique character and charm and continues to be the focal point of the cheese calendar.