• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

wrapping machine

ibjack

I might start with a trip to Pack Expo in Chicago in November. I suspect there would be vendors for used as well as new equipment there.

I know that www.unionmachinery.com has used equipment. Also www.fraingroup.com.

I know that www.unionmachinery.com has used equipment. 

Last time I checked Union Standard, the used machines were 55-75K. One could hire an awful lot of people to wrap bars for that kind of money. :laugh:

The problem is that the current bar wrappers on the market were designed for companies turning out thousands of bars per day, so the price reflects that.

Alan

dear jack,

we want to do our own line of candybars, but i havent found the right way of wrapping them. since you already did a lot of them it would be really nice if you could post a few photos of how you wrap your bars...

cheers from cologne

torsten schoeneich

toertchen toertchen

patissier chocolatier cafe

cologne, germany

current bar wrappers on the market were designed for companies turning out thousands of bars per day

Not entirely so....I'm out of date, but certainly there are companies producing automatic wrappers designed for short runs of diverse products.

Toyo has one in their TSV series, surely they are not the only people in this area of the market.

Jack,

Doing a little more research on this - what size/s are your bars?  Do you need them foiled then papered? (ie two stages)

Kerry, thanks for the help.

Here's what I use for my 1oz bars, 1oz mold

and my 2oz bars 2oz molds

Torsten, I will get some pictures up soon, once I figure how to post them.

Jack, looking through all the used equipment it appears on first glance that a unit that will wrap things as small as your 30 gram bar are few and far between.

I have been researching this as well for our line of crumb cakes. I have found that flow wrappers will do the job we need. As for cost, I have seen used machines for as little as $2500. Check out this link for examples: Used Flow Wrapper

I hope this helps.

Eric

Eric Levine

Bald Daddy's

www.balddaddys.com

... grab a taste of the sweet life

I have been researching this as well for our line of crumb cakes.  I have found that flow wrappers will do the job we need.  As for cost, I have seen used machines for as little as $2500.  Check out this link for examples: Used Flow Wrapper

I hope this helps.

Eric

Eric,

What does a flow wrapped product look like when wrapped?

Eric,

What does a flow wrapped product look like when wrapped?

Hi Kerry,

Flow Wrappers are how your traditional candy bars and snack cakes are packed. Please follow this link for an example: Biscotti Wrapper

Granted this is one example from one manufacturer.

Edited by BaldDaddys (log)

Eric Levine

Bald Daddy's

www.balddaddys.com

... grab a taste of the sweet life