• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

The search for cupcake papers. . .

KatieM

Hi everyone,

I have searched high and low and cannot find what I am looking for. I thought that if anyone might know where I can find something, it would be you!

I have a photoshoot coming up for a brithday card, and the request is for cupcakes in our University colors, which are orange and blue. Since orange icing seems more appetizing to me than blue icing, I would like to find cupcake liners in blue. Ideally, I would like to find a metallic blue. Unfortunately, the only ones I've been able to find are in a sort of baby blue, and what I really need is more navy or at least a dark blue.

Any ideas? Am I crazy for thinking I'll find this?

Honestly, any ideas or help is greatly appreciated!

Katie

"First rule in roadside beet sales, put the most attractive beets on top. The ones that make you pull the car over and go 'wow, I need this beet right now'. Those are the money beets." Dwight Schrute, The Office, Season 3, Product Recall

If you can't find the color blue you seek, you can try wrapping them in blue candy foils. I know those come in darker shades of blue.

Theresa :biggrin:

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

- Abraham Lincoln

heck- have the art dept photoshop the wrappers for you!

That's my advice too. Shoot them with metallic wrappers so you have the reflections and highlights you want, but then get the art department to adjust the colour to your University's blue. Might take a little time, but it's not a difficult thing.

...assuming of course you have access to an art department. Heck, I would probably have time to help you out with it. (why yes, I DO work in an art department :cool: )

Edited by emmalish (log)

I'm gonna go bake something…

wanna come with?

heck- have the art dept photoshop the wrappers for you!

That's my advice too. Shoot them with metallic wrappers so you have the reflections and highlights you want, but then get the art department to adjust the colour to your University's blue. Might take a little time, but it's not a difficult thing.

...assuming of course you have access to an art department. Heck, I would probably have time to help you out with it. (why yes, I DO work in an art department :cool: )

Gah, why didn't I think of that? We are doing all the graphic design in house, and I know our designer could handle something like that. She could probably adjust the color on the icing to be more orange if I can't get it dark enough, too.

Thanks for all the help everyone!

"First rule in roadside beet sales, put the most attractive beets on top. The ones that make you pull the car over and go 'wow, I need this beet right now'. Those are the money beets." Dwight Schrute, The Office, Season 3, Product Recall

• 1 month later...