• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Crum's Farm

ChefCAG

Who is going to start the thread about the best dinner I have ever missed.  :sad:

radishes and butter, speck and prosciutto piccante, Goat's Beard Farm cheese, fervere bread

poached egg w/guanciale, smoked tomato and ??

Chard/garlic "pesto" w/garlic soup (pork base, some bread to thicken)

5-minute-old salad w/raw beet julienne, pickled red onion, creme fraiche

Porcine Plethora (someone help!)

Gratin of chard

Green beans extrordinaire (my name;-)

Roasted chioggia beets

Orbs of Joy (onions ala Fergus Henderson)

Potatos

Pear (not clafouti . . . please help my dessert-challenged self)

That should be enough to awaken your salivary glands. I'm sure the others will jump in and correct/enhance my lame, laic description.

But you were doing a very good thing and it will come back to you one day. :wub:

Judy Jones aka "moosnsqrl"

Sharing food with another human being is an intimate act that should not be indulged in lightly.

M.F.K. Fisher

I've only got a second but I'll fill in some of the gaps...

the thirty-five minute egg had truffle vinaigrette on it too

the pork preparations were 1. Bacon-wrapped Berkshire striploin,

2. Sous vide belly, and 3. boudin blanc

another side dish was roasted patty-pan.

the dessert was a pear trifle

Wines were a muscadet and a Beaujolais, but I regret to say I can't be more specific.

The dinner was excellent, with a fun group of people, a beautiful setting, and perfect weather. Thanks so much to the Crum family!!

Edited by justhoward (log)

"As far as cuisine is concerned one must read everything, see everything, hear everything, try everything, observe everything, in order to retain, in the end, just a little bit!"

F. Point

Thanks, Just H - the muscadet was from the Loire Valley :wub: , where I spent some of my senior year of H.S. (and developed a taste for the good life, from which I have NEVER recovered - and hope I never do).

And the red that was served was also wonderful and, as I understand it, added recently to the carte du vin at The Frog, where the lovely Krista found it "quaffable.'

Edited to delete repetitious redundancy.

Edited by moosnsqrl (log)

Judy Jones aka "moosnsqrl"

Sharing food with another human being is an intimate act that should not be indulged in lightly.

M.F.K. Fisher