• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

¿Chocolate turtles with a nut and caramel filling?

Felipe de León

Hello friends :smile:

I register at the forum some time ago and visited him constantly, now I have decided to participate and would like to ask your help. :rolleyes:

The other day my niece to buy them some chocolate turtles with a whole nut and caramel filling, my niece loves this chocolate and I come with you to ask your help, anyone has the recipe to develop them?

- Image of Chocolate Turtles -

I was grateful if I can provide guidance on their preparation.

Excuse my English, but I am learning this language :blush:, greetings from Mexico! :smile:

Edited by Felipe de León (log)

Welcome Filipe. That's a very cute chihuahua in your signature.

Click here for a link to a caramel recipe that will work for turtles. If you look at the end of that post there are some pictures of turtles under construction.

It looks like they have used a turtle mold, painted the eyes, then poured in a layer of chocolate and poured the excess out, then probably taken cooled caramel and pressed it in to the mold and applied the pecan legs to the caramel.

gallery_61273_6218_4046.jpg

Yesterday confectionary partner Barbara and I made chocolate dipped caramels as a gift for a chocolate deprived friend. With the leftovers, we made a few turtles. Is this timing a co-incidence? I think not... :rolleyes:

Edited by Darienne (log)

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

We live in hope. 

I can certainly vouch for Kerry's caramel recipe!! Darienne your turtles are great!! I also make similar ones. And Felipe welcome and good luck with the turtles!

Thanks for the words, Lior. It's great fun. Everything is a first for me. My partner, Barbara, was raised in a cake-decorating, candy-making family, but I have always avoided cooking anymore than I had to. Now, in my dotage, something has snapped and I am a kitchen devotee.

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

We live in hope. 

I can certainly vouch for Kerry's caramel recipe!! Darienne your turtles are great!! I also make similar ones. And Felipe welcome and good luck with the turtles!

Thanks for the words, Lior. It's great fun. Everything is a first for me. My partner, Barbara, was raised in a cake-decorating, candy-making family, but I have always avoided cooking any more than I had to. Now, in my dotage, something has snapped and I am a kitchen devotee.

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

We live in hope.