• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Marzipan no extract

gfron1

Does anyone know of a commercially made marzipan that is made with pure vanilla and not extract?  Thanks.

The Odense that I have in my cabinet right now has no vanilla of any kind: are you specifically trying to find one with vanilla, or just without extract?

Chris Hennes
Director of Operations
chennes@egullet.org

Hmmm...not sure. It was a request from a customer. Maybe its only in the organic marzipans - the one I get from Italy has extract and she wants a non-extract version. I've got a call in to the customer to find out more.

When I don't make my own, I use this as the flavor is more pronounced than others I have tried.

or this

I have used both but generally buy the almond paste - maybe it is the 7-pound tin that I like.

Personal preference, I guess.

Edited by andiesenji (log)

"There are, it has been said, two types of people in the world. There are those who say: this glass is half full. And then there are those who say: this glass is half empty. The world belongs, however, to those who can look at the glass and say: What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!" Terry Pratchett

Your customer might be looking for a product with no alcohol for religious reasons....

someone had that issue in cake decorating recently

tracey

The great thing about barbeque is that when you get hungry 3 hours later....you can lick your fingers

Maxine

Avoid cutting yourself while slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold them while you chop away.

"It is the government's fault, they've eaten everything."

My Webpage

garden state motorcyle association