• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

EAT! Fraser Valley

maxmillan

I went on Sunday. This was held at the Tradex Exhibition Centre in Abbotsford.

This is the first of this kind that I went to and was disappointed with the content.

I did not find much that was unique or different than if I went on my own to an IGA or Safeway.

Aside from a handful of small wineries, the wine tasting consisted of Bearfoot wine and other cheap tastings not worth the $1 (two tickets) required. I have never been to a wine tasting that required prepaid tickets (which we didn't know until we lined up.) We had already spent more than enough for food tasting that was unimpressive. Example, plain chicken (which I'm sure was just steamed) and stuck on skewers and slathered with bottled sauce...blechh!

I was hoping to go to the one in Vancouver but this one really put me off. This has to be the most disappointing food show that I've ever attended.

Has anyone else attended any EAT! functions?