• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Where do the chefs eat? In Los Angeles

davebr

I come to Los Angeles fairly often and I want to know where the hard core late night Chefs go to eat, drink and be themselves?

Gorganzola, Provolone, Don't even get me started on this microphone.---MCA Beastie Boys

davebr, sorry it's not much, but here it goes ...

I'm speculating that the late night chefs and cooks might go to some of the bars along Melrose like the Village Idiot.

A number of chefs have spouses and children to go home to and very few places in LA are open real late, like Thai Town and Koreatown. The Mozzas (Pizzeria & Osteria) are open until midnight, as well as the Hungry Cat. Restaurants in LA generally close up around 10 p.m., but things are changing ... slowly ...

Besides what I just gave you, you'll have to do some research ...

Russell J. Wong aka "rjwong"

Food and I, we go way back ...

I have no idea. I know Nancy Silverton eats at Father's Office. And the owner of Father's Office eats at Mozza. But you could probably see every LA chef in the morning at the Santa Monica Farmer's market. My best advice is to look up the interviews of famous LA chefs. There's always a question about where they like to eat in the city.