• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Where is Sue McCown

She was working at Starbucks until getting cut in the last round of layoffs.

http://blog.seattletimes.nwsource.com/ally...ets_sliced.html

Most women don't seem to know how much flour to use so it gets so thick you have to chop it off the plate with a knife and it tastes like wallpaper paste....Just why cream sauce is bitched up so often is an all-time mytery to me, because it's so easy to make and can be used as the basis for such a variety of really delicious food.

- Victor Bergeron, Trader Vic's Book of Food & Drink, 1946

Post-closing of Coco La Ti Da, has anyone tracked Sue McCown? Internet searches have yielded nilch. Does she still have her wholesale place on Queen Anne?

As of April 2008, Nancy Leson reports that she's working for Starbucks.

Speaking of Sue McCown...

I've had umpteen inquiries from people wondering what's become of McCown after the closure, a year ago, of her wholesale baking company and much anticipated signature dessert lounge, Coco la ti da. After spotting her in the flesh at a chef's conference earlier this month, I got the answer. McCown, long known for her stellar work for the W Hotel's Earth & Ocean restaurant, has hooked up with another big corporate outfit: Starbucks. Yes, she's still baking, but her business card now bears the famous mermaid logo and reads "Senior Product Developer, Global Food Solutions, Research & Development."

Sorry...

Drink!

I refuse to spend my life worrying about what I eat. There is no pleasure worth forgoing just for an extra three years in the geriatric ward. --John Mortimera

Most women don't seem to know how much flour to use so it gets so thick you have to chop it off the plate with a knife and it tastes like wallpaper paste....Just why cream sauce is bitched up so often is an all-time mytery to me, because it's so easy to make and can be used as the basis for such a variety of really delicious food.

- Victor Bergeron, Trader Vic's Book of Food & Drink, 1946

D'oh! The joys of clicking reply, researching and clicking add reply while someone replies with more accurate info...

:laugh:

Drink!

I refuse to spend my life worrying about what I eat. There is no pleasure worth forgoing just for an extra three years in the geriatric ward. --John Mortimera