• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Interactions with MPW

Thanks for your responses to questions to date :laugh:

I've read a bit about the history of your interactions with Marco Pierre White.In what signficiant ways (if any) has MPW been a mentor, cheerleader and friend to you? Do you speak with MPW with some frequency at this stage in your respective lives?

If you are comfortable discussing it (and I would, of course, understand if you were to see this subject as being unduly personal or otherwise inappropriate for discussion) have you attempted to be helpful to MPW during what has been an apparently (at least) difficult period for him? :blink:

Marco and I have been friends for years (about 19 to be precise!) and we still speak on a regular basis.

He gave me great support when I was opening The Fat Duck and I wont forget that. His generosity is second to none.

When people like Marco go through some apparently "tricky" times I think that some of the press would like you to think that the situation seems a lot worse than it is in reality.

After all, Marco has achieved so much in his career and hes not about to stop yet!

Heston Blumenthal

The Fat Duck

The Fat Duck website