• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Boston Area Graduation Dinner

coughy

I know it is early but I would like to find a restaurant to host a family dinner in May for a Tuft's graduation. I would prefer a private room for about 25 people that has parking or parking nearby. Price isn't really an issue but need a place with vegetarian options. Thanks.

Sage has been very good every time I've been there -- but I haven't been since they moved to South Boston from the North End. Not sure about parking or size, but I'd give them a call for sure.

If you're a fan of red sauce, of course, there are a slew of "atmospheric" places in the North End to check out, most of which have valet service and can crank out 25 meals with ease.

Chris Amirault

eG Ethics Signatory

Sir Luscious got gator belts and patty melts

• 4 months later...
We really don't want to be in the city of Boston.  Any suggestions in Cambridge or anything closer to Waltham.  Thanks

Harvest and Upstairs in the Square (both in Cambridge) can accomodate private parties of that size, though the rooms are more attached or adjacent to the main dining areas than they are separate rooms. I've attended or hosted private parties or bridal showers in both. It's not completely private but I liked being part of the crowd and general ambiance. Food at both are excellent, with good vegetarian options.

• 2 weeks later...

My cousin graduated from Tufts (med school!) last May, and we did a dinner at Toscano (in Beacon Hill, on Charles Street). It was great - good food, pretty room, very good service.

"We had dry martinis; great wing-shaped glasses of perfumed fire, tangy as the early morning air." - Elaine Dundy, The Dud Avocado

Queenie Takes Manhattan

eG Foodblogs: 2006 - 2007