• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Walking tour in Italy

EmilyG

Inspired by Daddy-A's Excellent French Adventure, I have decided to set aside a portion of my Italian honeymoon for a walking tour. Does anyone have any experience with companies that organize walking tours in Italy? Has anyone been on one? Thanks in advance for your help.

Inspired by Daddy-A's Excellent French Adventure, I have decided to set aside a portion of my Italian honeymoon for a walking tour.  Does anyone have any experience with companies that organize walking tours in Italy?  Has anyone been on one?  Thanks in advance for your help.

I did a self guided walking tour in Tuscany created by Girasole and loved it! Someone else started it, so I went along with the more budget rate accommodations which were fine, but the one night they gave us the better hotel (the standard ones were previously booked) we all thought it might be worth the extra $!

a wonderful time!

The only bad night was in Montalcino (of all places!) The place was weird and the dinner in was not good. Hopefully, they have changed that since 2004.

They call this an easier version of their hiking tour - it was strenuous enough that I was glad to be in pretty good shape at the time - hilltowns afterall, require climbing hills.

Have a great time!