• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Morristown Area Suggestions

Susan

Any suggestions for dinner in the area? Settebello, La Campagna and Famished Frog are all not on the list of the restaurants recommendations that was sent with the tickets. Are they all gone? Is there a new restaurant next door to the theater?

Susan

The restaurant next door is Brick Oven Pizza. Nice inside and out. Brick oven personal pizzas in many varieties along with chicken, veal, pasta, and fish dishes. Settabello's, Famished Frog, and LaCampanga still there, but I am not a fan. Orgins or Andaman Sea good for Thai; Sushi Lounge, good but a little pricey for sushi; and Grasshopper off the Green good for sandwiches/pub food. Lastly there is Mendhi and Ming 23 - Indian and Asian fusion in the HQ's

Thanks for the suggestions. Sounds like they could use some new restaurants in Morristown.

The restaurant next door is Brick Oven Pizza.  Nice inside and out.  Brick oven personal pizzas in many varieties along with chicken, veal, pasta, and fish dishes.  Settabello's, Famished Frog, and LaCampanga still there, but I am not a fan.  Orgins or Andaman Sea good for Thai; Sushi Lounge, good but a little pricey for sushi; and Grasshopper off the Green good for sandwiches/pub food.  Lastly there is Mendhi and Ming 23 - Indian and Asian fusion in the HQ's

Susan

The restaurant next door is Brick Oven Pizza.  Nice inside and out.  Brick oven personal pizzas in many varieties along with chicken, veal, pasta, and fish dishes.  Settabello's, Famished Frog, and LaCampanga still there, but I am not a fan.  Orgins or Andaman Sea good for Thai; Sushi Lounge, good but a little pricey for sushi; and Grasshopper off the Green good for sandwiches/pub food.  Lastly there is Mendhi and Ming 23 - Indian and Asian fusion in the HQ's

Good list.

I'd add Copeland's at the Westin Governor Morris. Expensive, but very creative.

Apparently it's easier still to dictate the conversation and in effect, kill the conversation.

rancho gordo