• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Oaxaca fair in Mexico City

nickarte

There is a special Oaxacan cultural fair going on now through September 14th, 2008. There are several huge restaurants set up serving all the typical Oaxacan specialties as well as many small stands selling moles, cheeses, chiles etc. and crafts. It is located outside of a big mall, the "Plaza de las Estrellas", at the Circuito Interior and Av. Marina Nacional, not far from Polanco. You can reach it by metro (Normal) as well. Well worth it for the food. We ate there yesterday - all 7 of the famous moles were on the menu!

Thanks. This sounds very nice. I'll try to drop by this weekend. Although I have never been at that mall, it seems to be walking distance (about 1.2km, i.e. about 15min) from the "El Angel" on Reforma. Just follow Rio Tiber north for 7 blocks and turn right on Melchor Ocampo (Circuito Interior)

There is a special Oaxacan cultural fair going on now through September 14th, 2008. There are several huge restaurants set up serving all the typical Oaxacan specialties as well as many small stands selling moles, cheeses, chiles etc. and crafts. It is located outside of a big mall, the "Plaza de las Estrellas", at the Circuito Interior and Av. Marina Nacional, not far from Polanco. You can reach it by metro (Normal) as well. Well worth it for the food. We ate there yesterday - all 7 of the famous moles were on the menu!

Thanks. This sounds very nice. I'll try to drop by this weekend. Although I have never been at that mall, it seems to be walking distance (about 1.2km, i.e. about 15min) from the "El Angel" on Reforma. Just follow Rio Tiber north for 7 blocks and turn right on Melchor Ocampo (Circuito Interior)

It might be a perilous walk, what with the Circuito and all, I don't think it's a very

pedestrian friendly route - maybe better by taxi!

Edited by nickarte (log)