• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Manhattan Restaurant for Wedding Reception/Party?

WK2

Hope there's no objection to a wedding related post here. I'm helping to plan my wedding, and want to explore just having it at a restaurant in manhattan (my preference probably was some sort of historic home, but it appears that anything with good food will range into "Per Se" territory) . Any thoughts from the trusted eGullet crew? We'd like a little dancing and some decent food for about 120 guests (though one can always hope it'll be smaller!).

It's not Manhattan, but it's awesome: Blue Hill at Stone Barns. My brother got married there last summer, and it was glorious all around - setting, food, staff. It's expensive, but it was so fabulous that it deserves to be mentioned.

I love Blue Hill, but I think it's a little small, unfortunately. I think they can handle something like 60 or 80 - is that right? I'm not surprised everyone had a blast, there, though. Their food is terrific.

It's not Manhattan, but it's awesome: Blue Hill at Stone Barns.  My brother got married there last summer, and it was glorious all around - setting, food, staff.  It's expensive, but it was so fabulous that it deserves to be mentioned.

I'm pretty sure the cap there is about 120. There are 2 options - smaller area (fewer people - maybe the 80 you're thinking about) or total buyout, which I think can accommodate 120. Checking right now . . . .

My husband and I held our wedding reception at what was An American Place on 32nd St, where Artisanal is now. I mention it only because it was a great space for a wedding--nice and open, with room for a small band--and I don't believe the basic footprint has changed much. And auspiciously, we're still married! I see they do large events, and the food's definitely wedding worthy, so it might merit some further research.