• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Fine dining in or near New Westminster?

eatrustic

I'm shamefully ignorant of any decent dining outside the Vancouver core. Friends are staying in New West for a conference (near the Quay) and coincidentally are celebrating their 30th wedding anniversary.

Their hotel suggests La Rustica for something close. I'm not so sure as it doesn't sound like anything special. They enjoy contemporary fine dining and good wine so........what is within a decent range of N.W. (and a short taxi ride)?

Thanks for any suggestions!

After examining the situation further (and getting a PM from the Waffle House with an offer to host my friends :wink:) I figure the best dinner from N. West is going to be via a fast limo up Kingsway to either Aurora Bistro or perhaps the newly opened Le Faux Bourgeois near Fraser and Kingsway.

No offense to residents of the area but that's the best I've found.

Perhaps a quick skytrain ride from the Quay to downtown and then enjoy a full selection?

Yes, they thought of and discarded that idea as they want to have a good few drinks and not worry about mass transit on the way back.

I thought of the Pear Tree as well but figured it would be further away (maybe not). At this point I leave it in their hands and will find out tomorrow what they did. Just too bad the locals don't have more choice.

• 2 weeks later...