• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Europa! A Cafe

ulterior epicure

It's been about a week since the re-opening of this Brookside cafe under new management (the former owners of the now-defunct Circe on 39th St.). Has anyone been? Any changes to the menu? Is the Beef on Weck still available at lunch?

“Watermelon - it’s a good fruit. You eat, you drink, you wash your face.”

Italian tenor Enrico Caruso (1873-1921)

ulteriorepicure.com

My flickr account

ulteriorepicure@gmail.com

I am going tonight! Nate and Andy are good friends of ours :smile: Dave is helping out on some nights also!

“Nobody can be so amusingly arrogant as a young man who has just discovered an old idea and thinks it is his own." - Sydney J. Harris

I am going tonight! Nate and Andy are good friends of ours :smile:  Dave is helping out on some nights also!

Oh, do report back. Let us know if the Beef on Weck is still in play.

“Watermelon - it’s a good fruit. You eat, you drink, you wash your face.”

Italian tenor Enrico Caruso (1873-1921)

ulteriorepicure.com

My flickr account

ulteriorepicure@gmail.com

• 3 months later...

Dave and I went about 2 months ago and they had the beef on weck... and it was delicious but also generously portioned as well. If I was still living in KC, I'd go every week. Oh I really like the fries too.. they're greasy, some are crispy, some are soft, and there's a lot of it. Just the way I like shoe strings! The dining room looked a lot better as well. Carrot Cake still remains as a favorite of mine.

"cuisine is the greatest form of art to touch a human's instinct" - chairman kaga