• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Restaurant/bar help

gingerpeachy

I'm hoping someone may have a suggestion for a decent, but not too expensive bar/restaurant where a group of women (could be anywhere between 6 and 12 of us) attending a conference might spend a Friday evening.

A relaxed vibe is essential - we all know each other online, but have never met, so we are likely to be a bit noisy - but we also want to be able to see and hear each other. It needs to be somewhere we can stay and drink.

Income levels vary widely, so I want to find somewhere that won't make those with a limited budget feel uncomfortable. We are coming in from all over North America.

We are staying at the Omni hotel next door to the zoo - which I hope does not mean we are in an restaurant wasteland.

Many thanks in advance for any and all suggestions.

Edited by gingerpeachy (log)

There's a ton of restaurants on each side of Connecticut Ave. from where you are. I haven't been in the area for a while, but I've heard good things about the Zoo Bar across from the entrance to the zoo.

Ana the Librarian

Twins were born June 14th, 2006!!!!!

I'm also a Disney Trivia fan: DisneyTrivia

I trade books!

Have books to trade? Join PaperBack Swap!