• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

New chefs on the top block?

According to today's Daily Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/celebritynews/2675023/New-generation-of-chefs-challenging-Gordon-Ramsay.html ) the 2009 GFG- out today I believe- reckons we are witnessing the emergence of serious young challengers to Ramsey, Roux, Blumenthal et al as the top UK chefs.

The newspaper article says the GFG, more specifically Elizabeth Carter the editor, reckons contenders include Nathan Outlaw,Marcus Eaves, and Jason Atherton. Adam Simmonds, of the Oak Room at Danesfield House, is said by the guide to show elements of "pure genius". Clare Smyth is also mentioned.

Are these the ones to watch? Any others?

marcus eaves is a pure talent, i would not bet against that he will move to a new venu in the next year, surely he wil be supported by PAT to secure a "Hotel"deal, his cooking should not be in a small "Cheap and Cheerful" setup.

He deserves a more serious resturant , with the full bits&bobs included.

Tom Kitchin to me is one of the best young talents cooking in the UK , and I believe he will go very far.

I had a great meal at Kitchin - would not disagree with you there

"Experience is something you gain just after you needed it" ....A Wise man