• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Caviar Tours

kkwchan

We are visiting Moscow and St. Petersburg in October. Has anyone been to those caviar tours? If so, any recommendation?

Also, I already read through all the topics related to Russia, but if you have any suggestions, do let me know. Thanks

In theory, one shouldn't eat russian caviar. They are not exactly practicing sustainable fishing on those sturgeons and there is an import ban on russian caviar to the EU. Iranian caviar is fine though.

This is just FYI. I eat foie gras and has probably had some russian caviar during the last few years so I'm not one to judge.

Thanks for the info. I will definitely keep that in mind. I also had some dishes topped with caviar in some restaurants... but I don't know if they are Russian or non-Russian. Maybe I will know how to distinguish them if I do end up going to those tours.