• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

eGullet NY Indian restaurant outing--open to all

yvonne johnson

Tommy, with all due respect: you know that I find Suzanne's style very hard to take, but in this case, she made no snide remark.

And I might point out that you yourself make snide remarks all the time (not that I don't). And you can be a real pain in the ass yourself, as can I, and plenty of others.

Here's a radical idea - how about just try to set the scene for a pleasant evening. I dunno, uh, go have a drink or something. :blink:

Edited by La Niña (log)

Hey, where's the  from the first sentence? And the  at the end? I hoped you would understand that I really didn't mind, just as I really don't mind that tommy asked for the list to be posted again. Please -- you'll see I'm no harpy. A Tough NY Broad ™, yes; a bit hyper sometimes, sure; but give me a list to update and I'm a happy kid. And especially to help out Suvir, who is so dreamey  

BTW: Just in case anyone was particularly looking forward to meeting them: CooksQuest and Diana will not make it after all  

I'm not quite sure how to quote smilies..

And don't worry, I wasn't terrified of you - just horrified of any more lists - going insane with work right now, trying to get it all done quickly so I can leave early to be at the pre-dinner schmooze.

"Long live democracy, free speech and the '69 Mets; all improbable, glorious miracles that I have always believed in."

I'm not quite sure how to quote smilies..

And don't worry, I wasn't terrified of you - just horrified of any more lists - going insane with work right now, trying to get it all done quickly so I can leave early to be at the pre-dinner schmooze.

I thought smilies just sort of tag along when you hit the "Quote" button.

Work? What's that?

See ya soon! :biggrin: