• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

eGullet NY Indian restaurant outing--open to all

yvonne johnson

Diwan

148 East 48th Street, between Lexington and Third

(212) 539-5425

6:30 schmooze and pre-dinner drinks

7:30 SHARP, eat

$50 pp, cash; exact change preferred

BYOB for with-dinner drinks

Cash Bar for pre- and after-dinner drinks

SA,

The info you needed is above. See you all tonight. :smile:

All right, all right. :blink:

1 Anonymous 1

2 Aaron T

3 Anonymous 2

4 BklynEats

5 Blondie

6 Cakewalk

7 CathyL

8 Charles Smith

9 CooksQuest

10 CooksQuest: Diana

11 Damian

12 Damian: Ann

13 Double 0

14 Double 0: Mrs. 00

15 froggy

16 g. Johnson

17 Helena Sarin

18 jaybee

19 KimWB

20 Laura

21 Macrosan

22 MHesse

23 nervousnelli

24 Nina Wugmeister/La Niña

25 Nina Wugmeister/La Niña: her beau

26 nyfirepatrolchef

27 Rachel Perlow

28 roryrabbitfield

29 roryrabbitfield: Daniel

30 Rosie

31 Rosie: Bara Sapir

32 Rosie: Lowell

33 rstarobi

34 Sandra Levine

35 Sandra Levine: Alan Levine

36 SobaAddict70

37 StephanyB

38 Suvir Saran

39 Suvir Saran: Guest #1

40 Suvir Saran: Guest #2

41 Suzanne F

42 tigerwoman

43 Toby

44 tommy

45 Yvonne Johnson

I do not know who Suvir's guests will be, nor will I tell who the 2 anonyms are. If they care to, they may reveal themselves but they have not given me permission. Anyway, you'll find out tonight at the restaurant.

I liked the non-alphabetical more - I was number 1 there!

Okay: next time we do something like this, YOU keep the list. :wink:

Yeah, I know the first 3 names are out of order -- but they're not on my secret list that identifies those 2. :cool:

Moderators, may I have a poll as to whether I was snide to tommy or not? :laugh: Not that it matters, really; it was an acknowledgment coming from a master. whinesmiley.gif

em, not so lucky it seems, as I may have to work late this evening.

but in any event, if things are still going strong past 9 pm or so, and they probably will be, I may stop by on my way home.

I live within walking distance of the restaurant (and coincidentally, am working at a location at present time, also within walking distance, so who knows, I may make it after all. but if I don't...well, then, carry on.)

:shock:

SA

Okay: next time we do something like this, YOU keep the list.  

Yeah, I know the first 3 names are out of order -- but they're not on my secret list that identifies those 2.  

Moderators, may I have a poll as to whether I was snide to tommy or not?  Not that it matters, really; it was an acknowledgment coming from a master.  

Eep - Sorry, Suzanne!

"Long live democracy, free speech and the '69 Mets; all improbable, glorious miracles that I have always believed in."

Okay: next time we do something like this, YOU keep the list.  

Yeah, I know the first 3 names are out of order -- but they're not on my secret list that identifies those 2.  

Moderators, may I have a poll as to whether I was snide to tommy or not?  Not that it matters, really; it was an acknowledgment coming from a master.  

Eep - Sorry, Suzanne!

Hey, where's the :wink: from the first sentence? And the whinesmiley.gif at the end? I hoped you would understand that I really didn't mind, just as I really don't mind that tommy asked for the list to be posted again. Please -- you'll see I'm no harpy. A Tough NY Broad , yes; a bit hyper sometimes, sure; but give me a list to update and I'm a happy kid. And especially to help out Suvir, who is so dreamey :wub:

BTW: Just in case anyone was particularly looking forward to meeting them: CooksQuest and Diana will not make it after all :sad: