• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

eGullet NY Indian restaurant outing--open to all

yvonne johnson

re Name Tags,

since we're almost up to a bottle of beverage per person, perhaps the name tags should have our bottle instead of our name or avatar  :wink:

I think they may be already printed....

I am sure they will be special no matter what the content.

From reading Yvonnes posts, I feel I can imagine being charmed by the tags... :smile:

OK, i have a public confession to make - it was me who cancelled...

The reason being my husband who left for a long trip to Far East leaving me lonely and moody. :sad:

But i also realised how much i miss you guys, so is there any chance for me to be reinstated as a participant?... Suvir, Please?..

OK, i have a public confession to make - it was me who cancelled...

The reason being my husband who left for a long trip to Far East leaving me lonely and moody.  :sad:

But i also realised how much i miss you guys, so is there any chance for me to be reinstated as a participant?... Suvir, Please?..

Yes, it would be a treat to have you join us.

I will call the restaurant and make the addition...

SuzanneF, could you please update your list as well. Thanks in advance. :smile:

Helena, Nina has been working hard on the booze list.. you may want to ask her what we have already.. and plan accordingly...

It may be too late to get a batch for you... But I am sure if Yvonne reads this and it is not too late, she will oblige.

Nina, SuzanneF and Yvonne, many thanks to each of you for helping. :smile:

I've made name tags for you (helena) and guest and everyone else whether they want one or not. Looking forward to seeing you.

By the way, I've done such a good job with the pictorial representations of avatars that Damien Hirst will be calling me.

Edited by yvonne johnson (log)

If it doesnt conflict with work...you betcha dupa Im *IN*!!!

Id need someone up on the cuisine to help me figure out what I can EAT.

Im dyyyyyyyyyyyyying to meet some of you happy folks.

Just dont EVER ask me to go to Peter Lugers. If you want to know why....PM me. Its not a very nice reason.

Ummmmm...looking back at some of the posts leading before mine...have I missed a chance to make a gathering? Im skimming here....someone fill me in please?

Edited by nyfirepatrolchef (log)

Due to unavoidable circumstances, I'm afraid I am going to have to cancel. I am sorry I will be unable to meet you fine egulleteers or to sample the cuisine Suvir has picked out for us. I would urge someone else on the NY board to take advantage of this opportunity.

I just realized that we never cancelled Jason's RSVP. He's on a plane on his way to Las Vegas right now. Found out last week that his company needed him to go to Comdex. I will still be attending. Helena and I are trying to work out a carpool. Who's coming from NJ besides the two of us and the Safersteins?

We would be happy to take up to people. However, I don't know if Lowell is working on Weds. and I don't know what time we will be leaving. We live in West Orange and will be taking the Lincoln Tunnel. If you want to come to my house e-mail me for directions. I assume we will be leavng sometime between 5:30 and 6:30.

Rosalie Saferstein, aka "Rosie"

TABLE HOPPING WITH ROSIE

Suvir

If there is room to add one more at this late date, I would love to attend the dinner.  Thanks!

Aaron T

I think Suzanne who was attendee tracker is away till tomorrow, but SuzanneF passed on to me (on Friday) the list of participants. Tracking the couple of cancellations and additions, the number remains at 45. Suvir, room for one more?

Suvir

If there is room to add one more at this late date, I would love to attend the dinner.  Thanks!

Aaron T

I think Suzanne who was attendee tracker is away till tomorrow, but SuzanneF passed on to me (on Friday) the list of participants. Tracking the couple of cancellations and additions, the number remains at 45. Suvir, room for one more?

Thanks Yvonne for giving us the count.

Lets add Aaron T to the list.

Thanks for being on top of this. :smile:

Thanks to Yvonne and Nina (oh, yeah, and you too, Suvir :wink: ) for holding down the fork, I mean fort, while I was eating, drinking, talking, and listening in Cambridge. Here is the list with all additions and deletions to date/time:

Diwan

148 East 48th Street, between Lexington and Third

(212) 539-5425

6:30 schmooze and pre-dinner drinks

7:30 SHARP, eat

$50 pp, cash; exact change preferred

BYOB for with-dinner drinks

Cash Bar for pre- and after-dinner drinks

1. rstarobi

2. BklynEats

3. Charles Smith

4. Macrosan

5. Yvonne Johnson

6. g. Johnson

7. Suzanne F

8. Fat Guy

9. Sandra Levine

10. Alan Levine (with Sandra Levine)

11. CathyL

12. Double 0

13. Mrs. 00

14. Tommy

15. Toby

16. Blondie

17. KimWB

18. StephanyB

19. Damian

20. Ann (with Damian)

21. Nina Wugmeister

22. Nina’s beau

23. MHesse

24. CooksQuest

25. Diana (with CooksQuest)

26. Cakewalk (Veg)

27. Laura

28. Rachel Perlow

29. Rosie

30. Lowell (with Rosie)

31. Bara Sapir (with Rosie)

32. nervousnelli

33. roryrabbitfield

34. Daniel (with roryrabbitfield)

35. jaybee

36. tigerwoman

37. anonymous #1

38. anonymous #2

39. froggy

40. Suvir Saran

41. Guest #1 of Suvir

42. Guest #2 of Suvir

43. Helena Sarin

44. nyfirepatrolchef

45. Aaron T

So we are again at our max, and unless someone drops out, that's it. Or unless Suvir develops another soft spot in his heart for a member who begs politely :wink:

See you! :biggrin:

NOT edited to make tommy look foolish, just to provide better service.

Edited by Suzanne F (log)