• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

eGullet NY Indian restaurant outing--open to all

yvonne johnson

I think this level of planning is getting a little absurd, frankly.

Nina... relax... get as involved as you want to at this point. Ignore those parts that do not interest you. You are helping enough with the list.... I am so grateful. That is more than enough for your plate..... Do not worry of these little details... The rest of us can take care of them... Suzanne, Yvonne and you are helping with stuff already.

No biggie.... :smile:

We need to keep Tommy busy.. and adding to his posts.. What would he do otherwise?:shock::rolleyes::raz: He needs to feel involved.... :smile:

I will see if they can give us tubs.... And will make sure there is enough ice.

I think this level of planning is getting a little absurd, frankly.

and others see a positive in it.

I think we need to add as little to the plate as we can for Nina, SuzanneF and Yvonne.

I agree some of this is good to plan... But lets be clear we are not adding it to their plate. I think no one has implied that yet... But I want to clear it for them to know.

And Tommy... you can take as much on your plate as you can... I would be happy to see you busy with some planning.. Maybe then you can post a little less each day between now and next Wednesday.. and give some other members a chance to say something...:rolleyes::unsure::laugh:

But yes Nina, SuzanneF and Yvonne, we would not want you to get bogged down with these details... Just help us by keeping your chores in good shape.. The rest of us will take care of the rest.... We will still get the better deal... You are each helping out greatly. :smile:

Do I need to repeat myself? :angry::biggrin:

And Tommy... you can take as much on your plate as you can... I would be happy to see you busy with some planning.. Maybe then you can post a little less each day between now and next Wednesday.. and give some other members a chance to say something...:rolleyes:  :unsure:  :laugh:

i was merely supporting rachel's and others' rights to make a suggestion. personally i don't want a table for wine, so i'm not filling anyone's plate. :blink:

And Tommy... you can take as much on your plate as you can... I would be happy to see you busy with some planning.. Maybe then you can post a little less each day between now and next Wednesday.. and give some other members a chance to say something...:rolleyes:  :unsure:  :laugh:

i was merely supporting rachel's and others' rights to make a suggestion. personally i don't want a table for wine, so i'm not filling anyone's plate. :blink:

How can someone as selfish as you (I make this assumption reading your post. Not from any past knowledge) think about another? :shock: For it is not related to alcohol you are being sensitive? :rolleyes:

But I understand what you mean.. I am sure the others as well. It is always great to hear what everyone has to say.... And I just wanted to make sure our 3 lovely ladies do not feel we are adding more to their burden.... :wink:

But I am pleased to see the teddy bear side of Tommy come out......Now I await to see his beau... Is he as charming as you Tommy? :smile:

....and if anyone besides me and the beau will actually *be* there at 7.

This is where I first learned about your Beau. :shock::rolleyes::unsure::smile:

LOL! oh, sorry for the confusion. i meant, The Beau. i think nina said that her and her Beau (The Beau) would come early, but she couldn't get there any earlier than 7, so i was was actually referring to The Beau and not my beau. clearly i am shift-key-less, and beau-less. :sad:

....and if anyone besides me and the beau will actually *be* there at 7.

This is where I first learned about your Beau. :shock::rolleyes::unsure::smile:

LOL! oh, sorry for the confusion. i meant, The Beau. i think nina said that her and her Beau (The Beau) would come early, but she couldn't get there any earlier than 7, so i was was actually referring to The Beau and not my beau. clearly i am shift-key-less, and beau-less. :sad:

Clearly, clearly. :cool:

Is Mrs. Tommy not coming? :sad:

Perhaps my suggestion for the drinks table & tubs of ice should have been PMed to Suvir. It was something, I, as an organizer of other events, have found useful. Just as I find it useful to work out a price beforehand, and collect the money at the beginning of the evening. This level of detailed planning prevents the price of a meal being double what was expected, for example, and helps the evening run smoothly.

Is Mrs. Tommy not coming? :sad:

Perhaps my suggestion for the drinks table & tubs of ice should have been PMed to Suvir. It was something, I, as an organizer of other events, have found useful. Just as I find it useful to work out a price beforehand, and collect the money at the beginning of the evening. This level of detailed planning prevents the price of a meal being double what was expected, for example, and helps the evening run smoothly.

Rachel, many thanks to you for thinking ahead. :smile:

I am glad you posted... It is never too much to plan. I could use far more of it in my life.

Looks like we're up to:

11 bottles of white

10 bottles of red

2 dessert wines

1 port

1 whisky

1 hard cider

6 people bringing beer

25 people heard from re: booze (some are bringing more than one bottle, obviously)

What a bunch of slushes :hmmm:

anil

At least they are daring enough to eat Indian food... Unlike those that are avoiding it.:wink:

Where have you been traveling to Anil? We miss you in the India board... and will miss you at the dinner.. :smile:

Paris and Prague this and next week. (Damn! those split tunnels)

anil

Can they mull wine in a tandoor ?

Is this a serious question?

No it wasn't, Suvir :hmmm: I was just musing over what wine to bring, looked out of my window and saw the cold rain sheeting out of a grey November sky, and I instantly thought of mulled wine :sad: The thought translated unconsciously to my post :raz:

Can they mull wine in a tandoor ?

Is this a serious question?

No it wasn't, Suvir :hmmm: I was just musing over what wine to bring, looked out of my window and saw the cold rain sheeting out of a grey November sky, and I instantly thought of mulled wine :sad: The thought translated unconsciously to my post :raz:

A thought worth mulling over. :rolleyes: