• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

eGullet NY Indian restaurant outing--open to all

yvonne johnson

or perhaps a should have said "a point," as i'm only suggesting one scenerio, clearly of many, where people might want to retail some level of anonymity.

You know, I'm reading this, over and over and thinking.....is there some new cool phrase that I don't know about here?....until I realize retail=retain............duh

if i could bottle my anonymity i'd surely sell it.

Kind of like vanishing cream

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I suppose, but if they're at the dinner, unless they wear some masks of some kind, we'll know who they are...

i'm guessing that everyone at dinner will know who they are at that time. the point, however, is that the rest of the world won't know where they will be and when they will be there there.

Makes full sense. Thanks for helping me out Tommy! Point well taken. :smile:

They're just these guys, -- or gals, -- ya know?  No more unique than anyone else on eGullet.  Is it the mystery that makes them more intriguing than those of us who wear our hearts on our sleeves?  :wink:  :biggrin:

I am fine with the anonymity. Tommy's pearls of wisdom helped me get to this point. I can respect the need of some to want anonymity on here. Sorry for having been curious before... :sad::shock::rolleyes:

I am fine with the anonymity.  Tommy's pearls of wisdom helped me get to  this point.  I can respect  the need of some to want anonymity on here.  Sorry for having been curious before...   :sad:  :shock:  :rolleyes:

curiousity is a wonderful thing. couching one's questions as if others have some sort of problem is completely different. :wink: comments like "well i think you're just a bad person if you're that afraid to post your name" are ignorant at best, and offensive at worst. either way, they're very telling. and no, suvir, you didn't put it quite that poorly. :raz:

I am fine with the anonymity.  Tommy's pearls of wisdom helped me get to  this point.  I can respect  the need of some to want anonymity on here.  Sorry for having been curious before...   :sad:  :shock:  :rolleyes:

curiousity is a wonderful thing. couching one's questions as if others have some sort of problem is completely different. :wink: comments like "well i think you're just a bad person if you're that afraid to post your name" are ignorant at best, and offensive at worst. either way, they're very telling. and no, suvir, you didn't put it quite that poorly. :raz:

You are such a trouble maker. :shock:

Due to a cancellation I received today via PM, we have 38 confirmed and 5 on the waiting list, for a total of 43.

That's amazing. :shock:

"I've caught you Richardson, stuffing spit-backs in your vile maw. 'Let tomorrow's omelets go empty,' is that your fucking attitude?" -E. B. Farnum

"Behold, I teach you the ubermunch. The ubermunch is the meaning of the earth. Let your will say: the ubermunch shall be the meaning of the earth!" -Fritzy N.

"It's okay to like celery more than yogurt, but it's not okay to think that batter is yogurt."

Serving fine and fresh gratuitous comments since Oct 5 2001, 09:53 PM

No, Suvir, it is the CHEF who is most kind and generous. 

This means that jaybee, tigerwoman, the 2 anonyms (they know who they are), and froggy are in -- to make 43 for sure.

You are very generous for giving this all this time and care. Thanks!

Lets put a close on the confirmations for now. I think 43 is a good number for now. I shall confirm with the chef once again before we take two more.

I have planned a menu with the chef this afternoon. It sounds wonderful. Once I have come to peace with it entirely, I shall post it here. But I also hope you all will be flexible with the chef and I in planning something wonderful that may change with the days... Hope it does not cause you all too much anxiety.

So 43 for now....and no more. Is that OK? :smile:

Suzanne,

Sorry for troubling you again and again. Would you mind doing a total with me and 2 others?

I had asked to not be counted. For the sake of giving the chef and restaurant a final count, please include me and my 2 guests. One is an eGulleteer and another a friend I shall bring along.

Please post that number as the final and then we can begin a wait list.

I thank you for all the patience you have shown in dealing with this. I mean it sincerely.:smile: