• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

eGullet NY Indian restaurant outing--open to all

yvonne johnson

I know it's late in the game - but could you put me on the wait list (solo)

This sounds like an incredible meal - so it's doubtful there will be many drop outs but let me know.

Stop Tofu Abuse...Eat Foie Gras...

www.cuisinetc-catering.blogspot.com

www.cuisinetc.net

www.caterbuzz.com

I am looking forward to both this meal and to meeting the various e-Gulleteers.

Not wanting to show up empty handed at my first eG-event, I will bring some port to help wind down the eveing. (though from the reviews I've read of previous events, I might fade before the rest of you wind down!)Might not be enough for 40 people in the bottle, but it seems like 40 bottles of whatever should take care of 40 people.

See you soon,

Mark

--mark

Everybody has Problems, but Chemists have Solutions.

Tigerwoman, you are now #3 on the waiting list, after Daniel (roryrabbitfield) Bernstein-Kerber and jaybee.

The suggestion of nametags was excellent. Can anyone make them with our "noms de screen" and avatars? (We can fill in any other name we'd care to be called.) If not, I can do just regular tags without avatars.

Thanks, Yvonne. I'd never know how to get the avatars to print, and they are so much a part of our identities. :biggrin: I'll send you the final list of expected attendees a day before, all right? Let me know if you need it sooner.

Sandra, don't feel ashamed. When we come up with something for you to do, we'll let you know! Thanks for the offer. (And I personally do not think ill of members who simply come and enjoy -- as long as they keep up the scintillating conversations. :wink: )

Helena -- change in personnel has been noted.

Psssst -- my real name is (can you keep a secret?) ...

Suzanne. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Good news for roryrabbitfield and her Daniel: he has moved up off the waiting list to a seat at the table. :biggrin: Bad news for me: it's because mine own hubby Paul, aka PDE, fka the rocket scientist, will NOT be coming after all. :sad:

So the waiting list is now:

• jaybee
    Tigerwoman
    Anonymous (you and I know who you are :wink: )

Good news for roryrabbitfield and her Daniel: he has moved up off the waiting list to a seat at the table.  :biggrin:  Bad news for me: it's because mine own hubby Paul, aka PDE, fka the rocket scientist, will NOT be coming after all.  :sad:  

So the waiting list is now:

• jaybee
    Tigerwoman
    Anonymous (you and I know who you are  :wink: )

I am sorry that your hubby will not be joining us. :sad:

I am glad to know that Daniel was able to join, so as to make roryrabbitfield feel more comfortable that evening...

Who would want to be listed as anonymous? And why? We are such a happy eGulletarian family.... I would never have thought of the need for anonymity. :rolleyes::blink:

Suvir, you know I can't possibly tell you who the anonymous are (btw, there is now a second). I dare not break that sacred trust. :blink: I really doubt the requests for anonymity have anything to do with the eGullet community -- semi-dysfunctional, if a family. :hmmm: After all, this is a site open to all, nice and not-so-nice. I must respect their wishes (the nice anons, that is. :smile: )

Suvir, my dear, I wouldn't dream of ....... um, trying to put on your pants. :wink:  (or, as the vulgar among us might say, getting into your pants).  OMG, I did say that! :blush:

I am having a difficult time trying to fit in just myself... Hardly room for all of me.. :shock:

Not sure I can even imagine fitting extras.... And you make vulgar things sounds so culinary.... :wink:

Well why do these people choose to be anonymous? It is very strange. :rolleyes::unsure:

I suppose, but if they're at the dinner, unless they wear some masks of some kind, we'll know who they are...

i'm guessing that everyone at dinner will know who they are at that time. the point, however, is that the rest of the world won't know where they will be and when they will be there.

or perhaps a should have said "a point," as i'm only suggesting one scenerio, clearly of many, where people might want to retain some level of anonymity.

or perhaps a should have said "a point," as i'm only suggesting one scenerio, clearly of many, where people might want to retail some level of anonymity.

You know, I'm reading this, over and over and thinking.....is there some new cool phrase that I don't know about here?....until I realize retail=retain............duh

or perhaps a should have said "a point," as i'm only suggesting one scenerio, clearly of many, where people might want to retail some level of anonymity.

You know, I'm reading this, over and over and thinking.....is there some new cool phrase that I don't know about here?....until I realize retail=retain............duh

if i could bottle my anonymity i'd surely sell it.

if i could bottle my anonymity i'd surely sell it.

Kind of like vanishing cream