• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

eGullet NY Indian restaurant outing--open to all

yvonne johnson

I always knew cats were the smartest.

Tommy (pussy cat), thanks for asking why I said that...

I will know Tuesday of next week if I am being flown into Australia to cater this very public wedding in Middle of November. I have found a caterer in Australia that can do the wedding reception... and I can help for a minimal fee from NYC.. giving ideas and recipes... but if the host has a bigger budget, which they claim they do.. but are working on some logistics, I am told they may pay even more and have me fly down for the reception to orchestrate the details.

Once I know that, I will be certain for sure that I can be here. I know I should be back by that weekend for sure.

Works fine for me and beau.  Sounds marvelous.

Glad to hear that. Finally get to meet the very own eGullet Diva.

I have always been amazed at your knowledge of the intricacies that define and form the Indian Sub-Continental cuisine.

Would be great to put a face to the words.... :smile:

The list so far: Suvir (of course, of course); rstarobi; BklynEats; Charles Smith; Macrosan; Yvonne Johnson and g. johnson; Suzanne F + PDE; FG; Sandra Levine; CathyL; Double 0 and Mrs. 00; Tommy; Toby; Blondie; KimWB; Wingding; StephanyB; Helena Sarin; ajay; Damian + Ann; Nina Wugmeister and her beau (26) as of 10/16, 12 noon.

Anyone after 30 goes on a waiting list, unless Suvir says we are taking over a whole restaurant. That's AFTER, not OVER, 30 :wink:

Edited for points clarified by Suvir, below. And again for reminders from those accidentally dropped. Mea culpa.

The list so far: Suvir (of course, of course) Charles Smith; Macrosan; Yvonne Johnson and g. johnson; Suzanne F + PDE; FG; Sandra Levine; CathyL; Double 0 and Mrs. 00; Tommy; Toby; Blondie; KimWB; Wingding; StephanyB; Helena Sarin; ajay; Damian's Ann; Nina Wugmeister and her beau (23) as of 10/16, 12 noon.

Anyone else goes on a waiting list, unless Suvir says we are taking over a whole restaurant.  :wink:

I think we are 24... since Damian's Ann would like to come with Damian.

Am I correct?

And I think we could add some more... Lets keep limit at 30.

The list so far: Suvir (of course, of course) Charles Smith; Macrosan; Yvonne Johnson and g. johnson; Suzanne F + PDE; FG; Sandra Levine; CathyL; Double 0 and Mrs. 00; Tommy; Toby; Blondie; KimWB; Wingding; StephanyB; Helena Sarin; ajay; Damian + Ann; Nina Wugmeister and her beau (24) as of 10/16, 12 noon.

And don't forget me!

"Long live democracy, free speech and the '69 Mets; all improbable, glorious miracles that I have always believed in."

Suvir suggested Sunday lunch, November 24th, as a "rain date." Before anyone drops out, let's wait to see what his sked will be -- in Australia on the 20th or not. He said he'll know by Tuesday next week (10/22). Can everyone hold on until then?

I think we can have upto 35 people.

Lets start the wait list after we have that number.

Also, it would be a great pleasure for me to arrange for a vegetarian meal for anyone that so desires.

It would then not leave me alone in being the token vegetarian.

Anyone???

Would it be too forward of me to suggest that we ALL share a vegetarian meal? As much as I enjoy meat, I would love to learn more about veg dishes. (I presume dairy is all right? I love a lassi! :biggrin: ) How do the rest of you feel about an all-vegetarian meal?

And CooksQuest, the 2 of you are on the list. :smile: If the upper limit is 35, there is still some room left before the waitlist starts.

Would it be too forward of me to suggest that we ALL share a vegetarian meal?  As much as I enjoy meat, I would love to learn more about veg dishes.  (I presume dairy is all right?  I love a lassi! :biggrin: )  How do the rest of you feel about an all-vegetarian meal? 

And CooksQuest, the 2 of you are on the list.  :smile:  If the upper limit is 35, there is still some room left before the waitlist starts.

i think that's being bit presumptuous. perhaps there will be enough non-meat dishes to satiate those who choose to not eat meat.