• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Sorrento Dining

SaladFingers

My favorite place in Sorrento (we've been there five times in the last 12 years) is Pizzeria Aurora on Piazza Tasso. Great local atmosphere. Wood ovens. Classic pizzas. But my favorite thing about it is the wonderful hand crafted liqueur specilities of Senore Terminiello. One year I took him a bottle of my own homemade jasmine green tea liqueur and he rewarded us with a private tasting of all his varieties.

Edited by Deborah Horn (log)

We were quoted a taxi fare from Sorrento to Torre del Saracino in April 2007: I can't recall the exact sum, but it was very, very pricey (so much so that we drove instead - and driving across the coastal plateau through Piano di Sorrento can take an age). It's better to take the Circumvesuviana train and get off in Vico Equense - you've a chance of a taxi there, or a c. 15 mins walk through town and down to the coast. You could alight at Seiano - but there's no taxis and you'd have a 15-20 mins walk (?).

I'll also commend Piazza Aurora and Il Buco - both very good in their own ways. Further afield, if you have transport, Marina del Cantone (on the South side of the peninsula) has a growing foodie reputation.