• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Are espresso filters standard?

mexigaf

I have a ten year old faema espresso machine that my parents bought and never used. I have been on an espresso kick lately so I decides to bring it out and see if I couldn't get it working. The only thing is that the little filter that goes inside the espresso handle (i guess thats what you would call it) is missing. Any idea where I could pick this up?

My food and ideas CookDiegoCook

www.faema.com will allow you to look for a distributor in your area. I have a Faema store about 5 miles from me, if you can't get what you want, send me a PM.

It is called a portafilter basket and they are a standard-sized item. If you know the diameter of your grouphead or portafilter, you can order the correct sized basket.

Regards,

Michael Lloyd

Mill Creek, Washington USA