• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Airplane mold

Lior

Hello. I have been away for awhile and it is nice to be back!! I have a prospective client who gives flight lessons to the public, and offers romantic flights etc. He wants to finish the experience with some chocolate. Two hearts and two planes. Or any other romantic/airplane idea. I cannot find plane molds. I need something that can be filled around 10-17g. All I found was a two piece plane that is too large and a nice small one but it has other vehicles in the same mold! Does anyone know of something? Does anyone have a good idea? He would need 100 boxes of 4 pralines monthly so PVC isn't a good option.

Thanks!!

Thank you so much!! I found a polycarb mold at Cabrellon. It seems a bit bigger than I thought and I think it is the same as one of your links. I will pass it by the "pilot" for approvable! He wants hearts as well and so the problem. Two hearts and 2 airplanes- but the airplanes are much bigger in size than the hearts... So I need a larger box- which I have, however, then there is extra space by the hearts!! So perhaps I need bigger hearts... bigger chocolates, more cost,... more cost, higher price, ...higher price, unhappy pilot...

HELP!

I'm not sure exactly what his thought process is, but if it's a romantic theme for couples, why not ONE plane and two hearts :huh: ? Or maybe a large heart with the plane set on top of it, sort of flying across the heart?

Edited by NVNVGirl (log)

Well he wants each person to have two chocolates I suppose. I wouldnot want to spoil the romantic flight by a fight over one plane!!! :laugh: This is exactly what I thought- a heart and a plane on top- but this is a custom made mold +$$$

Such silly business!! Why isn't there exactly what I need? Humph!

You could place the chocolates (inside the box) on red tissue paper and then just have a bit more around the hearts so they wouldnt rattle about in the box, theyd be artfully nestled in tissue paper and it would also look nice. You could have the 2 oplanes in the centre of the box and the hearts on either side

I found one airplane shape in the Cabrellon PDF catalog...but it looks extremely like a passenger jet (swept-back wings, jet engines) rather than a single-engine propellor airplane, presumably with wings above the body. Picky, I know...

One Japanese airline sells small, rounded, "cuddly" looking airplane chocolates, but I haven't seen really similar molds.

Cuoca.com's airplane mold has stars, hearts (various sizes), and little planes all on the same sheet. 475 yen per sheet. Another private vendor has the same thing for 280 yen, want me to try and get one?

Wouldn't it be fun to make a 3D open cockpit plane, with hearts or figures inside the cockpit!

Cloud marshmallows,or white chocolate clouds with a streak of blue peppermint?

Yes I also saw the jet plane and I had the same picky feelings! I need small cuddly ones! I need a qaulity set of molds if this is to be a monthly order of 100 -200 airplanes and a lot of those molds are PVC. I tried to look at that sight but it is in Japenese. I assume it is a PVC mold. What a cute idea about a 3D cockpit and marshmellow clouds!! Could you ask them what mold it is -PVC? I can't write to them or find where to contact!!

Thanks so much!!! :rolleyes:

Yes I also saw the jet plane and I had the same picky feelings! I need small cuddly ones! ...

Expect aviation folk to be even more picky... "But that's a model 172 and we fly 192's..." :huh:

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch ... you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan

oh dear! Searching for these molds I came across such weird molds that Ikept thinking, "now if they could make that, why isn't there exactly what I need!!" There are PVC erotic molds of every part of the body to the last detail, ploycarb molds of boots and shoes and clogs. A lighthouse, a windmill, something that looks like the blade of a knife (....) who knows what it is, all I want is a nice small plane.

Hi ! Yes I spoke with CHocolate world about that mould. Now getting other transport businesses involved is creative thinking!!!

And "Spring" yes, MR Cake carries cabrellon molds and that jet plane mold too. I guess I will have to go north to Natanya toseeit. Itis weird- the moldis 7.5cm X6.1 cm and only weighs 8 grams and is a single mold. I guess it is skinny. The saleslady said it could be filled with ganache, but that seems a bit painful-no?

The mould from Mr. Cake does sound like it would too thin, if you were to fill it with ganache the chocolate coating would be too thin to give the shape strength, especially if the weather is warm.

I have to say that Ive not been too impressed with Mr. C, whenever Ive asked for information the reply is either theyre busy or I should come to them which would be lovely if they were nearer. I really want to order polycarbonate moulds but the travel up there wouldnt make them such a bargain.

Would making the plane solid and the hearts filled be an option?

My exact thoughts!! YEs they also told me they are busy and I must come!! There is Grubstein in South Tel Aviv for moulds, and I have some I don't use if you want a few second hand.

I really dont see why I should give my money (especially when there is so little of it lol) to people who really dont deserve it, Id rather pay more. Yes i am interested in the moulds, could you pm me with the details? Thanks