• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Maoz

Jesikka

On my way home from the gym last night I picked up a "lettuce pita" from Maoz. I chose to top it with hummus, the broccoli/cauliflower combo, carrot salad, pickles, cilantro, hot sauce, and yogurt sauce. No falafel. While tasty, it was not truly noteable from a food perspective. However, since Eater links to everything I write, the whole world will probably know about this by tomorrow. At least this $5 meal helps make up for all the $70 meals at Ssam Bar.

On my way home from the gym last night I picked up a "lettuce pita" from Maoz.  I chose to top it with hummus, the broccoli/cauliflower combo, carrot salad, pickles, cilantro, hot sauce, and yogurt sauce.  No falafel.  While tasty, it was not truly noteable from a food perspective.  However, since Eater links to everything I write, the whole world will probably know about this by tomorrow.  At least this $5 meal helps make up for all the $70 meals at Ssam Bar.

I love Maoz, if nothing else, for nostalgia. They were the first thing I could find after I arrived in my new home in the Nederlands after having argued with the crummy British Airways luggage recovery office at Schipol for four hours for my lost bags. With no clothes, no energy, and a big hole in my stomach, I drowned my sorrows away in a falafel sandwich with everything on and in it.

I was surprised to see them in New York, although I had seen them in Spain and the Nederlands three years ago.

“Watermelon - it’s a good fruit. You eat, you drink, you wash your face.”

Italian tenor Enrico Caruso (1873-1921)

ulteriorepicure.com

My flickr account

ulteriorepicure@gmail.com