• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

spiegelau glasses at amazon

russ parsons

I just Clicked to Buy and was informed Riedel is also running a buy one get one sale. Buy a set of 4 Riedel Ouverture Red Wine Glasses for $29.99, get a matching set Set of 4 White wine for free. Free shipping applies, bringing this total to less than $4.00 per.

What's the read on the Ouverture series ?

it does not appear on the brown skin.

Sorry about that. I added it to the brown and blue skins.

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host

ChefJeff, they're not in the same league as the similarly priced Spiegelau stems. They're about half the volume and I don't think they're as well made. Riedel makes some great stuff at the high end but Spiegelau provides better value across its product range.

Steven A. Shaw aka "Fat Guy"
Co-founder, Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, sshaw@egstaff.org
Proud signatory to the eG Ethics code
Director, New Media Studies, International Culinary Center (take my food-blogging course)

Yes, I hear Amazon plans to post that on every page of its site.

Director, New Media Studies, International Culinary Center (take my food-blogging course)

Spiegelau Vino Grande and Riedel Vinum seem to be roughly equivalent products, except that the Riedel glasses are more expensive. I'm guessing the Spiegelau Collection glasses at Amazon are similar to Vino Grande, though their dimensions are slightly different. I've e-mailed Spiegelau for exact specifications but haven't heard back. Spiegelau, like Riedel, has multiple product lines at varying price points and quality levels.

Hmm. That shouldn't happen. Did you check the free shipping box on your order form?

yeah you have to explicitly check Super Saver shipping. Thats a 5-8 day delivery time as opposed to 3-5 day delivery.

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Its gotta be a screw up. They are usually very responsive to things like this.

malarkey, don't you mean 6 glasses?

I ordered some. We actually need them pretty badly at my house.

"Save Donald Duck and Fuck Wolfgang Puck."

-- State Senator John Burton, joking about

how the bill to ban production of foie gras in

California was summarized for signing by

Gov. Schwarzenegger.

you buy 6 of the bordeaux, and you get 6 of the burgundy as a gift. Then when you get to the ship page, you choose 'super shipping' or something like that and the shipping is free. yippee!!

Born Free, Now Expensive

• 3 weeks later...

Amazon reports that their Spiegelau chardonnay vinum glasses are now on backorder. Burgundy came thru as ordered, but they added the shipping charges. Said they'll adjust it when the order is complete, since they'll prob have shipping on the other part, as well

Current shipping expected week of Nov 28, that's the second pushback.

Apparently it's easier still to dictate the conversation and in effect, kill the conversation.

rancho gordo

I'm glad Rosie paid more attention to her billing notice than I did. When they shipped the first part of my order they billed me more than the total order was quoted to be. They requested that I contact them again when the rest of the order is shipped and they will correct the billing error. I don't see why they don't just fix it now. I wonder if this is some sort of glitch their system has with the super saver deals. Even though I have been shopping with them for years, I don't recall taking advantage of this type of offer before. Maybe a billing program needs some tlc!

Thanks for the heads up, Rosie!

KathyM