• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

The Research Continues

Ed Hamilton

It's been great meeting the members of this forum, I have to leave tomorrow night to continue the research.

I'll be online from time to time but won't be around nearly as much, really enjoyed getting to know some of you and looking forward to getting back here.

Edward Hamilton

Ministry of Rum.com

The Complete Guide to Rum

When I dream up a better job, I'll take it.

Have a good trip. It was great meeting you also and I am really enjoying your book. It's a great tool for anyone that is planning a trip, or has been, to the Caribbean and must for all rum aficionados. It's really got me dreaming of the my next trip to the Caribbean and going to all those fine place so well described in your book and experiencing it. Bring back some new rums and of course more info so we keep dispelling all those rumors.

P.s.: I'm having a 'Ti Punch party next Saturday with my friends. Of course I do not have the real sugar cane syrup, but I did as you said and made it with 50/50 water and demerara sugar. I'm getting some Saint James Amber for the occasion.

"Traveler, you who sail into the Caribbean in silvered yacht or gilded cruise ship, pause as you enter these waters to remember that deep below rest three men of honor who helped determine the history of this onetime Spanish Lake: Sir John Hawkins, builder of the English navy; Sir Francis Drake, conqueror of all known seas; Admiral Ledesma, stubborn enhancer of his king's prerogatives and the interests of his own strong family"

James A. Michener - Caribbean