• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Denver Harvest Week

I just got this notice forwarded to me by a friend of mine:

What comes to mind when you think of Fall harvest in Colorado? Juicy Western Slope peaches? Fresh Olathe sweet corn?  Award-winning Colorado wines and beers?

If those items sound tempting, then please join DINR's "Harvest Week" from September 6-12th for a week long celebration of Colorado’s exceptional local produce and products appearing on menus across the Mile High City. Support local farmers, growers and producers as well as over 35 of Denver's  favorite independent restaurants.. For more information, a full roster of participating restaurants and to preview Harvest Week menus, visit www.eatdenver.com. What is DINR? DINR supports and encourages independent restaurants and chefs, which are the soul, spirit and identity of Denver, through education and the formation of the restaurant network. DINR promotes the best of the Mile High City’s restaurants—each one exceptional, owner-operated and committed to extraordinary standards.

At a minimum, I know I'm planning on going to Strings, but some of the other menus look good too.

Feast then thy heart, for what the heart has had, the hand of no heir shall ever hold.

• 2 months later...

Unfortunately, I didn't get to go (my dining friend bailed on me)... :( One of these days, I just have to get to Strings (among other places).

Feast then thy heart, for what the heart has had, the hand of no heir shall ever hold.

We have not made it to strings yet either but its on the list of places to go. We went to o's last night was pretty good.

Jonathan and Barb

www.milehigheater.com

Unfortunately, I didn't get to go (my dining friend bailed on me)...  :(  One of these days, I just have to get to Strings (among other places).