• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Milford, PA

ishkabibble

We'll be staying overnight in Milford, Pa next week. I'm looking for dinner recommendations. I'll also consider a good bar with food. We like seafood, but will eat just about anything.

I tried searching, but didn't find anything. Is there a thread I missed?

Thanks!

Bill

Bill,

There is one incredibly good restaurant in Milford: Summerhouse Grill. Make a reservation, bring drink and cash or check (no credit cards).

They source almost everything fresh and organic from local farmers, and the imaginative menu changes daily. Many eGulleteers will know the owner/executive chef, Marilyn Anthony, who has a long history cooking and teaching in Philadelphia. She's now SE regional director for the PA Association for Sustainable Agriculture.

Tom

Edited by Tom (log)

Bill,

There is one incredibly good restaurant in Milford: Summerhouse Grill. Make a reservation, bring drink and cash or check (no credit cards).

They source almost everything fresh and organic from local farmers, and the imaginative menu changes daily.  Many eGulleteers will know the owner/executive chef, Marilyn Anthony, who has a long history cooking and teaching in Philadelphia. She's now SE regional director for the  PA Association for Sustainable Agriculture.

Tom

Um, isn't the Summerhouse Grill in Montrose rather than Milford?