• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Seafood near San Diego

scordelia

My husband and I have to go to Carlsbad for a business thing and we have one free night. A friend recommended a seafood place in Del Mar that is a real seafood and beer place with picnic tables covered in newspaper and pitchers near the ocean. Just what we want...but he cannot remember the name of the place! If this sounds familiar to you, please let me know. Thanks.

S. Cue

My husband and I have to go to Carlsbad for a business thing and we have one free night. A friend recommended a seafood place in Del Mar that is a real seafood and beer place with picnic tables covered in newspaper and pitchers near the ocean. Just what we want...but he cannot remember the name of the place! If this sounds familiar to you, please let me know. Thanks.

I'm not sure if this is the place, but Auggie's House of Crab is in Leucadia~ 1468 N. Coast Hwy 101.

Here's a link to their website if you want to check it out; it's the place where if you buy 5 beers, you get the 6th one free :raz:

http://auggies.net/

A couple of places very close to Carlsbad are located at Oceanside . They are both right in the harbor. One is called Joes Crab Shack and the other is Rockin Baja Lobster. Both are very casual and have the buckets of crab and lobster that you are looking for. I know that Rockin Baja Lobster has picnic tables and pitchers of beer and is right on the water. :biggrin: Maybe the spot!!! :smile: