• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

SugarVeil Product for Cake Decorators

SummerSun

Summer,

I have never used this product but have seen it in action in a few trade shows. It does look cool and has alot of uses for cake decorating. I think they have a demonstration DVD that comes with the product. From what I've seen it can be piped much thinner than a conventional paper cone, it is used alot in string work and think its flexible (to a point)

Edited by bripastryguy (log)

"Chocolate has no calories....

Chocolate is food for the soul, The soul has no weight, therefore no calories" so said a customer, a lovely southern woman, after consuming chocolate indulgence

SWEET KARMA DESSERTS

www.sweetkarmadesserts.com

550 East Meadow Ave. East meadow, NY 11554

516-794-4478

Brian Fishman

KitchenKrafts carries it.

as well as the DVD.

One of my friends has one and uses it for decorating candies as well as cakes - she has also used it for making "lace" constructions to drape over composed fruit salads and table centerpieces for catering jobs.

"There are, it has been said, two types of people in the world. There are those who say: this glass is half full. And then there are those who say: this glass is half empty. The world belongs, however, to those who can look at the glass and say: What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!" Terry Pratchett

I don't have the applicator but I have used the icing with just a pastry bag.... the icing is malleable for a period of time and when it dries firm, if you need to move it around you can warm it and it becomes soft again. It's great for lacework, strings, logos/plaques,, etc. If you pipe something with it then let it sit for a bit you can then mold that into what you want..... so a ribbon becomes a bow, etc. Really neat stuff. The icing itself is kind of pricy for what it is, but worth it for certain applications.