• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

formatting

I came across this recipe in Chinese. Unfortunately, it doesn't give quantities for the ingredients, but it gives enough information for me to experiment with.

Here is my loose translation.

"Lemon duck is Wuming County's characteristic dish. The cooking method is to take a slaughtered, cleaned duck and cut it into pieces and stir fry until cooked medium rare then add slivers of pickled chilli pepper, pickled mustard, pickled ginger, pickled lemon, smoked plum, ginger and mashed garlic. Simmer together till the duck is nearly well done, add salted beans, sesame oil and cooked till well done and then remove from pan. Its taste is sour and peppery together, with delicious flavour and is extremely appetising."

As Jo-mel said, there is probably a key ingredient or two missing.

liuzhou

liuzhou

I came across this recipe in Chinese. Unfortunately, it doesn't give quantities for the ingredients, but it gives enough information for me to experiment with.

Here is my loose translation.

"Lemon duck is Wuming County's characteristic dish. The cooking method is to take a slaughtered, cleaned duck and cut it into pieces and stir fry until cooked medium rare then add slivers of pickled chilli pepper, pickled mustard, pickled ginger, pickled lemon, smoked plum, ginger and mashed garlic. Simmer together till the duck is nearly well done, add salted beans, sesame oil and cooked till well done and then remove from pan. Its taste is sour and peppery together, with delicious flavour and is extremely appetising."

As Jo-mel said, there is probably a key ingredient or two missing.