• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Michelin Guide Coming to Singapore

Egullet,

Just Read an interview with Mr Naret from the guide saying that Singpore might just get its own edition, is this something Egullet would like to see and does anybody have any news if this is happening and when it will be released?

Any Gossip on this topic is worth writing.

I am planning to visit singapore and would be delighted to found out if anybody have some preditction should the guide come, Is their any resturant worthy of 3 * and who should be awarded 2* and 1*,

Please give some advice as i do found the guide in london very helpful and kind of would like to

Have a good day

• 2 weeks later...

hi robot coupe.. what kind of cuisine are u looking for..

sg has good chinese, italian and french restaurants...

the restaurant that is on my wishlist is gunthers( was once sous chef at l'arpege).. try to book a few days beforehand... www.gunthers.com.sg

u can also check out this website.. www.hungrygowhere.com .. they have a listing of all the restaurants and have a huge userbase...

Edited by Lucil (log)

• 2 months later...

A few of my bets if there were to be a list:

Les Amis

Iggys

St Pierre

St Julien

Gunthers (questionable.... not sure the service would cut it)

The Cliff (again, service is questionable)

Obviously none of these are local fare, but Singapore has some Italian/French restaurants which I think Michelin would view highly.

• 1 month later...

But dining in Singapore is largely over-rated and overpriced, with more of a focus on people watching than what is actually being fed into one's gob.

This is my opinion of course, and I also think that Michelin for Singapore might just drive the industry to new heights of egoism and materialism.

"Coffee and cigarettes... the breakfast of champions!"

But dining in Singapore is largely over-rated and overpriced, with more of a focus on people watching than what is actually being fed into one's gob.

Agree! I think KL and Bangkok really hold the hidden gems, and I don't want them tainted by any guides!

But, with recession fears kicking into Singapore, maybe the guide will cause kiasu-freaks to pump more money into the economy!

• 1 month later...

Should check out the furor I started on the thread on the Hong Kong Michelin guide over in the China Dining forum...

"Coffee and cigarettes... the breakfast of champions!"