• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

mail order or delivery of ice cream

jturn00

We had an employee that is out out of the office with his wisdom teeth being removed. We felt it would be neat if he could get a delivery of ice cream as a gift. I was looking for something like Ciao Bella or something else to deliver. I did come up with fresh direct and but are there any other options that anyone can think of?

The only thing I can think of is delivery by Il Laboratorio del Gelato, but I don't know where you're located. They deliver daily by courier within Manhattan south of 96th Street, and once a week across the United States. They have something on their product page. It ain't cheap, though (but I don't know what your budget is).

Outside of them specifically, I would just have to assume that one of those mail-order grocery things like Fresh Direct will do it.

"I know it's the bugs, that's what cheese is. Gone off milk with bugs and mould - that's why it tastes so good. Cows and bugs together have a good deal going down."

- Gareth Blackstock (Lenny Henry), Chef!

eG Ethics Signatory

Capogiro delivers, too, and is way better than both laboratorio and ciao bella. www.capogirogelato.com

I want pancakes! God, do you people understand every language except English? Yo quiero pancakes! Donnez moi pancakes! Click click bloody click pancakes!

You can get Bassetts shipped in six-pint lots, next day UPS air (insulated container, dry ice), from Pennsylvania General Store. 15 different flavors to choose from (French vanilla, rum raisin and raspberry truffle would be my picks, but they're all good). I think after 147 years in business Bassetts has finally learned how to make a decent ice cream.

Here's the link to the order page.

It's $40 + next day air shipping.

Bob Libkind aka "rlibkind"

Robert's Market Report

• 2 weeks later...