• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Great food at Beverly Garland Holiday Inn

andiesenji

I just returned from spending several days visiting with my daughter, her husband and my three grandchildren at Universal City. We stayed (it had been recommended by friends) at the Beverly Garland Holiday Inn right on the border between North Hollywood and Studio City.

They provide free shuttle service on the hour to and from Universal City.

My family and I were all very impressed with the large rooms, very quiet, in spite of being right next to the freeway, the extremely friendly and courteous staff and most of all with the fantastic food in the hotel restaurant.

We had tentatively thought about eating at other restaurants in the area but were so impressed with the food in the restaurant that we had breakfast and dinner there every day. I also had lunch one day when the family went to Universal City but I did not feel up to it.

The servers were quick, and very understanding of those of us who had food allergies and dislikes (teenagers, you know), and had no problems with asking the chefs about ingredients in sauces and making substitutions.

Every request was answered with "Absolutely!"

The soft drinks, lemonade, teas, and etc., are refilled as many times as requested, no charge. Also coffee.

I don't think I have ever stayed at any place that gave me such a feeling of comfort and ease and where I found the food 100% excellent.

The restaurant opens at 6:00 a.m. for breakfast and the room service charges are extremely reasonable.

On my floor there were visitors from Belgium, France, Germany and South Africa, all with several children in tow.

I recommend it without reservations.

Beverly Garland's Holiday Inn

Edited by andiesenji (log)

"There are, it has been said, two types of people in the world. There are those who say: this glass is half full. And then there are those who say: this glass is half empty. The world belongs, however, to those who can look at the glass and say: What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!" Terry Pratchett

What a great find! We go to this area often b/c our best friends live nearby; we'll definitely have to check it out on our next trip! Thanks so much for a good review. If you're in that same area again, if you haven't already, check out Ca Del Sole up the street (on Cahuenga) for fabulous Italian food. A family-friendly, lovely restaurant too.